Fitbot brings you our 2017 gift guide for the coach in your life this holiday season. Fancy an item in this list? Simply click on the link to purchase! These are not affiliate links, and we don’t make any money from the non-Fitbot items on this list.
Program From Anywhere
One of the best things about coaching clients remotely is that you can do it from anywhere! Check out the goodies below to help out on that front.
- Duet App (iOS) – Ex-Apple Engineers turn your iPad into an extra display.
- TenOne Mountie – Mountie gives you the coolest multi-monitor setup ever! Clip your tablet or phone to the side of your laptop. It’s super-fun. Perfect to pair with Duet!
- Apple AirPods – OK, so they look goofy as hell, but everybody we’ve talked to that has them is in love with them.
Books To Help You Lead From The Front
- Discipline Equals Freedom: Field Manual – Jocko Willink’s methods for success were born in the SEAL Teams, where he spent most of his adult life, enlisting after high school and rising through the ranks to become the commander of the most highly decorated special operations unit of the war in Iraq. In Discipline Equals Freedom, the #1 New York Times bestselling coauthor of Extreme Ownership describes how he lives that mantra: the mental and physical disciplines he imposes on himself in order to achieve freedom in all aspects of life. Many books offer advice on how to overcome obstacles and reach your goals―but that advice often misses the most critical ingredient: discipline. Without discipline, there will be no real progress. Discipline Equals Freedom covers it all, including strategies and tactics for conquering weakness, procrastination, and fear, and specific physical training presented in workouts for beginner, intermediate, and advanced athletes, and even the best sleep habits and food intake recommended to optimize performance.
- The Obstacle Is The Way – The Obstacle is the Way has become a cult classic, beloved by men and women around the world who apply its wisdom to become more successful at whatever they do.Its many fans include a former governor and movie star (Arnold Schwarzenegger), a hip hop icon (LL Cool J), an Irish tennis pro (James McGee), an NBC sportscaster (Michele Tafoya), and the coaches and players of winning teams like the New England Patriots, Seattle Seahawks, Chicago Cubs, and University of Texas men’s basketball team.The book draws its inspiration from stoicism, the ancient Greek philosophy of enduring pain or adversity with perseverance and resilience. Stoics focus on the things they can control, let go of everything else, and turn every new obstacle into an opportunity to get better, stronger, tougher. As Marcus Aurelius put it nearly 2000 years ago: “The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.”
- Tribe of Mentors – Tim Ferriss, the #1 New York Times best-selling author of The 4-Hour Workweek, shares the ultimate choose-your-own-adventure book—a compilation of tools, tactics, and habits from 130+ of the world’s top performers. From iconic entrepreneurs to elite athletes, from artists to billionaire investors, their short profiles can help you answer life’s most challenging questions, achieve extraordinary results, and transform your life.
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen – New York Times bestselling author Donald Miller uses the seven universal elements of powerful stories to teach readers how to dramatically improve how they connect with customers and grow their businesses.Donald Miller’s StoryBrand process is a proven solution to the struggle business leaders face when talking about their businesses. This revolutionary method for connecting with customers provides readers with the ultimate competitive advantage, revealing the secret for helping their customers understand the compelling benefits of using their products, ideas, or services. Building a StoryBrand does this by teaching readers the seven universal story points all humans respond to; the real reason customers make purchases; how to simplify a brand message so people understand it; and how to create the most effective messaging for websites, brochures, and social media. Whether you are the marketing director of a multibillion dollar company, the owner of a small business, a politician running for office, or the lead singer of a rock band, Building a StoryBrand will forever transform the way you talk about who you are, what you do, and the unique value you bring to your customers.
Nail Your Morning Routine
Walk into each day with an agenda, and a definition of success. Don’t be reactive, be proactive. Own your day – don’t let it own you.
- The 5 Minute JournalUsing the science of positive psychology to improve happiness, The Five Minute Journal focuses your attention on the good in your life. Improve your mental well-being and feel better every day.The Five Minute Journal helps you cultivate gratitude. It changes how you feel, alters the actions you take, and therefore the results you will create…negativity be gone!With a simple structured format that takes just 5 minutes, The Five Minute Journal is simple, quick, and effective. Whatever your excuse for not keeping a journal is, this journal will eliminate them.
- Aeropress – Make damn good coffee!
- Zojirushi Thermos 16oz or 20oz
For On The Go
- AllBirds Wool Runners – A remarkable shoe that’s soft, lightweight, breathable, and fits your every move.Get an extra pair of festive laces on us with every pair of Wool Runners.
- Timbuk2 Command Backpack – A dressed up security checking backpack for road warriors.
- Lake Champlain Almonds & Sea Salt 72% Chocolate Bar (Whole Foods) – This might give Chocolove a run for its money, but shhhh, don’t tell James FitzGerald 😉
- Stance Socks – Blending design and technology, Stance has designed socks and underwear as uncommonly cool as the people who wear it.
- Baron Fig Vanguard Dot Grid Notebooks – Designed to be used and abused, it’s the perfect counterpart to the Confidant. The name honors the very community whose feedback inspired its creation. Vanguard—adventurer and leader. The tool for pioneers of the mind.
Up Your Coaching Game
- OPEX CCP – There’s a reason the Fitbot staff pretty much exclusively trains with OPEX coaches. They’re simply the best in the business and pioneered remote coaching!
- Scientific Shoulder Training by the C.H.E.K. Institute
- Anatomy Trains
- Conscious Coaching
Official Swoletron Fitbot Swag
- Fitbot t-shirt (mens and womens) – Get your very own official Fitbot signature red tri-blend t-shirt, featuring Swoletron, your friendly fitness bot.
- Fitbot Hydroflask (32 oz) – The Fitbot 32 oz flask from Hydro Flask is made with professional-grade stainless steel and a wider opening for faster fill. And because it’s designed with TempShield double wall insulation, it keeps your hot water hot up to 12 hours or ice water refreshingly ice cold up to 24. Which means you’ll always have the perfect temperature drink.
- Ideal size for all-day hydration
- Fits most backcountry water filters
- TempShield insulation eliminates condensation and keeps beverages cold up to 24 hours and hot up to 12 hours
- Durable 18/8 Pro-Grade Stainless Steel construction
- BPA-Free and Phthalate-Free
- Swoletron sticker pack – Spread the Fitbot love with an assortment of 3 Fitbot stickers. Great for placement on your laptop or notebook, or anywhere else you see fit.